We believe in being guided by cosmic forces here at the Moonbase so we coudn't possibly ignore the arrival in the airlock this week of *two* new releases featuring that king of keyboard instruments, the Stylophone. For not only does the long-awaited debut by the Brett Domino Trio dedicate a whole medley to this instrument, but an epically analogue re-interpretation of Tubular Bells also features the instrument prominently.
The show is a rather eclectically electronic one this week, with more from the debut album by Hong Kong in the 60s, a track from a new release by listener Soulless Party and a deliciously fresh slice of chip-prog from Yakuza Heart Attack.
But we do also find time for our new regular feature, Classic Steel, for those pining for the tinkling sound of the steel drum.
This week MC Zirconium also believes that ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habits, to have new little hopes. It's rather hard work...
Embed this player on your website.
The Unnecessary News
- Hmmm how can we make skiing more dangerous... Jetpack propels skier to speeds of 47mph
- What is new in toast: Breville Radio Toaster
- The first 3D Star Wars movie gets a release date
- Chinese Psychologist Promotes Himself with Underwear Model
- "Sexting" make Oxford Dictionaries Online
- London Restaurant Sells Breast Milk Ice-Cream Called Baby Gaga